First partnership
2020, June 7th
Today, I received an unexpected message from B*, the captain of a team that often plays in our tournaments. He asked me for a partnership.
- I would like to make a partnership with you. Tell me if you are interested.
- Hey B*. We can talk about it but I don’t guarantee anything.
- I would like a collaboration with you for our own tournaments. I organize tournaments with my structure, with high level clubs. You could reach competition clubs. We should find a middle ground.
- Can you give me more details ?
- I would let you manage my tournament with your website. You can bring your teams and I bring mine.
- You are on Discord ?
- You organize your tournaments on your Discord ?
- Exactly.With many great teams. I have contact with every competition teams.
- Ok. I think we can make something together.
What an amazing opportunity. A perfect way to find new teams, and to dig into Discord, something I really have to do.
But the most important is that there are other tournament organizers out there. And if we managed to convince one to use the IFC for his competitions, we should manage to convince the others. Then, The IFC would turn into the place where people organize their tournaments.
The tournament is called the Family Cup and B* sent me pictures of his Discord. It looks clean.
So I gave him my conditions.
- First, here is what I can offer you (I want to go step by step). If you want to organize a tournament this week, you tell me when, how many teams, and captains names. Then, I make the website available for your tournament and I take care of the moderation, like I do with mine. In a nutshell, you organize, you find teams, and once the tournament starts, I take the lead.
- Ok for me.
So here we are. For the first, in June 10th, an external tournament will occur on the IFC: the Family Cup. This tournament will be 9 players minimum, which means 72 players minimum. It’s a huge step for us. Looking forward to it !